Services to the Public
- Harnesses / Support the mineral resources based industries in a sustainable manner and provides raw materials to meet increasing demands from both domestic and foreign users;
- Conducts geological surveys, mapping, exploration and re-classification of mineralized areas;
- Establishes and maintains geodetic control network for the surveys of all mineralized lands in the country;
- Promotes safe mining operations and proper utilization of minerals resources in accordance with existing mining and environmental laws;
- Promotes and regulates big, medium and small-scale mining; and
- Increases the productivity of mineral resources to meet the demand of growing population and achieve economic and social development of the country.